What are the causes of bleeding gums?
- Brushing too hard or using a toothbrush with rough bristles.
- If you are starting a flossing routine and your gums are still not used to it yet.
- Take certain medications like blood thinners.
- Inflamed gums due to pregnancy.
- Use dentures that do not fit perfectly.
- Faulty dental restorations.
- Poor oral hygiene
Broken, Cracked, or Chipped Tooth
A chipped or broken tooth mainly occurs due to accidents and if you receive a blow on your face. If your teeth get broken, chipped, or cracked, you should consult your dentist nearby immediately without any delays.
What are the Differences between a cracked and a chipped tooth?
- A cracked tooth is likely to have a small part of the tooth break off or a large chunk that exposes the roots. A cracked tooth does not necessarily mean you have lost a piece of dentition, but rather, there is a division in the tooth. It can be a hairline crack that is not noticeable or a split that reaches down to the root.
- Chipped teeth are often more noticeable, and you should treat them immediately.
- A chipped tooth is usually very painful in the initial stages, while a cracked tooth is not painful, but if left untreated, the crack could deepen, and you could eventually lose your tooth.
Finding an emergency dentist in Coral Springs & Hollywood, FL
No matter what dental emergency you have, it is necessary to visit your dentist nearby and get the proper treatment immediately. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Rodriguez by calling us at (954) 406-6942 / (954) 406-6897 or visit our dental office at 7426 Wiles Rd, Coral Springs, FL 33067 or 4310 Sheridan St STE 201A, Hollywood, FL 33021, United States. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.